Welcome

Aaron Whaley

Welcome to the Raleigh Twenty sub-group. I will be moving technical items over from the old RaleighTwenty.webs page as I get the time.
This sub-group is for the discussion of Raleigh Twentys and similar shopper bikes. For all other small-wheeled bikes there is another sub-group SmallWheelBikes.

Aaron

cwwestergard <cwwestergard@...>

Hey Aaron, thanks for setting this up.  I hope it can become as lively and good natured as the former .webs site.  I'm new to the platform too, but if you could use a hand transferring content over, I'd be willing to donate some time if you give me a little guidance.  How were you thinking the content from the former site would populate here?

Anyway, haven't been out riding in a while.  Hopefully soon!

Charles (blackbrrrd)

Aaron Whaley

Hi Charles,
Sorry about the late reply. Work has been ramping up instead of winding down, which is a good thing. No riding for me this year either.

What I tried and seems to work, is to copy the information that is wanted from the other site, paste into a word document, check for spelling and formating then save as a PDF for upload to this site. I have only managed to copy and paste the Technical Data so far, then webs went down for a while. It is back up. Anything you want to do is fine with me! My hope is to get the articles and any technical items.

Aaron

cwwestergard <cwwestergard@...>

Hey Aaron,

Glad to hear I’m not the only one working when I should be riding! I will be at a conference in Las Vegas till Tuesday. I’ll try getting in the old site and copy/paste some of the content and send it your way when I get back.

Hope all is well!

Charles

On Friday, December 6, 2019, 8:40:59 AM MST, Aaron Whaley via Groups.Io <wahooncx@...> wrote:

Hi Charles,
Sorry about the late reply. Work has been ramping up instead of winding down, which is a good thing. No riding for me this year either.

What I tried and seems to work, is to copy the information that is wanted from the other site, paste into a word document, check for spelling and formating then save as a PDF for upload to this site. I have only managed to copy and paste the Technical Data so far, then webs went down for a while. It is back up. Anything you want to do is fine with me! My hope is to get the articles and any technical items.

Aaron

cwwestergard <cwwestergard@...>

Hey Aaron,

Back from my work trip to Vegas. What a crazy place! Anyway, I tried pulling the content from the webs site and pulling it into Google Docs, doing some minor cleanup (took the liberty of putting your beautiful Twenty on this page - the other image was broken) and saved it as a .pdf. Honestly, as I was doing this, I was thinking this "history" document (which was done by Martin the Vanished when he set up the webs site many moons ago) should probably be redone. Is this what you were thinking for the new "groups" site? Let me know and I can clean it up further. I already see some formatting that can be done. How much editing of the text should we do? Or were you thinking of keeping it honest to the content from the webs site?

Charles

On Friday, December 6, 2019, 7:40:59 AM PST, Aaron Whaley via Groups.Io <wahooncx@...> wrote:

Hi Charles,
Sorry about the late reply. Work has been ramping up instead of winding down, which is a good thing. No riding for me this year either.

What I tried and seems to work, is to copy the information that is wanted from the other site, paste into a word document, check for spelling and formating then save as a PDF for upload to this site. I have only managed to copy and paste the Technical Data so far, then webs went down for a while. It is back up. Anything you want to do is fine with me! My hope is to get the articles and any technical items.

Aaron

Aaron Whaley

Thanks Charles! Feel free to edit as you see fit. I mainly wanted to grab the technical items and any other interesting facts pertaining to the Twentys.

Aaron