firstname.lastname@example.orgThis is a group for those interested in all categories of non-derailleur equipped bicycles. This includes all geared hub, fixed gear, and single speed bikes, both historic and current production, including shaft drive and recumbent versions as well as hybrid drivetrains.
Gear hubs from Bendix, BSA, Shimano, Sturmey Archer, NuVinci, SRAM/Sachs and Rohloff are of interest as well as bikes using them. Also fixed gear and single speed bikes and components as well as the Schlumpf & Trutaviv two speed cranksets. If you know of any other brands of geared hubs they are of interest too. There are many other brands no longer being made.
Members are encouraged to discuss all aspects of these types of bikes including history, engineering, riding, accessories, maintenance and both advantages and disadvantages of them. Any information on the reliability or efficiency of various brands and models of gear hubs is also welcome.
Please post regarding your areas of interest upon joining the group.
- 600 Members
- 2,966 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]No used hashtags.