1956 Sturmey-Archer Master Catalog - now published on Flickr

Thomas

worth a look    =)

Thomas Seaman:  noMadic

-------- Forwarded Message ------

...   suggested sharing this entire catalog.  Indeed a very good idea and data worth sharing with anyone, even beyond our small group.  

So here are all pages which I scanned late Saturday night and and then uploaded to a new Flickr Album tonight (Sunday).  The album and all pages I have set as "Public" and may be freely downloaded if anyone should wish to do so.  

The pages were mainly not numbered so I added page numbers as I scanned and loaded each to my files.  This helped keep them presented in this Album in the order in which they were bound.  

One exception.  The single small "errata sheet" was obviously added after original printing of the catalogue pages.  It appeared after my number 4 page (and perhaps rightly so) but I just added it at the start of the album.

The entire Album (153 pages) on my PC is only a modest 123Mb of data.  (With a fast Internet connection speed, using the downward arrow in the Flickr Album header, it took only seconds a when I tested a re-download of an entire zip-file of this album to my laptop... YMMV).  

Pages were scanned at 300dpi and not in my scanner's highest saturation or resolution settings, but they seem quite adequate in clarity (even viewed on a large monitor or when cast to my flat screen TV for viewing).  Largest full scale uploaded page dimension sizes are most typically 3210 x 2370 pixels... which in practical terms just means you should not need to squint to easily read the smallest text.

Enjoy!

Bob Hanson

Stephen Poole

Thanks Thomas (and Bob); I should have a hard copy hiding somewhere, but this is much more convenient.  ;-)

Later,
Stephen

On Tue, 1 Mar. 2022, 00:53 Thomas, <thomas@...> wrote:

worth a look    =)

...   suggested sharing this entire catalog.  Indeed a very good idea and data worth sharing with anyone, even beyond our small group.  

So here are all pages which I scanned late Saturday night and and then uploaded to a new Flickr Album tonight (Sunday).  The album and all pages I have set as "Public" and may be freely downloaded if anyone should wish to do so.  

The pages were mainly not numbered so I added page numbers as I scanned and loaded each to my files.  This helped keep them presented in this Album in the order in which they were bound.  

One exception.  The single small "errata sheet" was obviously added after original printing of the catalogue pages.  It appeared after my number 4 page (and perhaps rightly so) but I just added it at the start of the album.

The entire Album (153 pages) on my PC is only a modest 123Mb of data.  (With a fast Internet connection speed, using the downward arrow in the Flickr Album header, it took only seconds a when I tested a re-download of an entire zip-file of this album to my laptop... YMMV).  

Pages were scanned at 300dpi and not in my scanner's highest saturation or resolution settings, but they seem quite adequate in clarity (even viewed on a large monitor or when cast to my flat screen TV for viewing).  Largest full scale uploaded page dimension sizes are most typically 3210 x 2370 pixels... which in practical terms just means you should not need to squint to easily read the smallest text.

Enjoy!

Bob Hanson

John S. Allen

Interested in posting this on sheldonbrown.com? We already have a number of Raleigh catalogs,

And lots of info on S-A hubs:

On 2/28/2022 2:53 AM, Thomas wrote:

worth a look    =)

Enjoy!

Bob Hanson
_._,_._,_

-- 
John S. Allen

CyclingSavvy Instructor
League Cycling instructor
Author, Bicycling Street Smarts
Technical Writer and Editor, sheldonbrown.com

Virus-free. www.avast.com

jimbofla1138

Hi John --

Is sheldonbrown.com getting good traffic these days? I first needed it about 17 years ago when I got into cycling again as an adult. It was a real boon to a noob, and just want to say thanks to you for keeping it up.

jim in west palm beach, fl

On Monday, February 28, 2022, 03:18:11 PM EST, John S. Allen <jsallen@...> wrote:

Interested in posting this on sheldonbrown.com? We already have a number of Raleigh catalogs,

And lots of info on S-A hubs:

On 2/28/2022 2:53 AM, Thomas wrote:

worth a look    =)

Enjoy!

Bob Hanson