Stronglight one piece cottered crank

Michael Wilson

The cotter pin press moves with respect to the crank arm when the cotter pin bends.  When used perpendicular to the right crank arm, the spider or sprocket may prevent it from going on far enough to center the bolt lengthwise over the pin.  It will not be centered widthwise over the pin.  I believe I need to check centering alignment before putting much torque on the bolt, even with the tool parallel to the arm.  I am pretty sure I have not been doing that.

Pictures of the Stronglight one piece cottered crank:

StronglightCottered.JPG

StronglightCotteredEndView.JPGStronglightCotteredWithPress.JPG